Employees Overcome By Fumes at Mall

by NBC 10 | Aug 20, 2007
Two employees and a police officer were overcome by fumes Sunday after finding a suspicious package in a rental car at Deptford Mall, authorities said.

The three were quarantined after the 11 a.m. discovery of a gallong drum in the trunk that appeared to contain chemicals, police said. The FBI was called to the scene and agents determined that the substance is likely xylene, a highly flammable chemical.

The incident happened at Avis Rent-a-Car outside the Sear's Auto Center. Police said the car in question was returned overnight to the Sears parking lot and the keys were dropped off.

Police are trying to track down the person who rented the car.

Last month, a chemical storage tank containing xylene went up in flames at the Sunoco refinery in West Deptford Township.

sjra_oct_2021_728x90


Author: NBC 10

Archives


In Good Health

2017 Executives of the Year

Superior Sandwiches

Raise a Glass

Impressive New South Jersey BBall HOF class

The Promise of Public Transportation

Empowering the Next Generation

Singles: January 3

River Revitalization

Spreading Cheer

Singles: December 27

Winter Retreat

Are Holiday Parties Back in Favor?

Support System

Singles: December 20


More...